Inspired by the page from Ben Kuhn.
I am part of a team trying out a new way of thinking about social networks, particularly around moderation, security, and ads. Our first iteration of this experiment will start with web3 profiles.
If you are interested in helping, send an email to hello [at] evazhang.com with the subject [Work With Me - Your Name]. Bonus if you send a 1-liner on the weirdest thing about you :)
Software (Several Projects)
- Full stack (Web), Back-end, Protocol
- Solidity and Rust are bonus but not required
- No particular type of degree required, we will be indexing on individual interest and contributions.
- Open source contributions are +!
- We don't expect you (and hope you don't either) to be good at more than one of the above.
- If you are more into the theory side of things, there will be opportunities to contribute to an ongoing whitepaper for the protocol.
- We are interested in someone who can own growth and enjoy experimenting with new and unconventional ways for growth.
- You will get to own growth. This means you enjoy running new experiments and quick iterations on new ways of understanding and acquiring users.
- You are someone who enjoy quantitative metrics but understand Goodhart's law.
- This may include producing social content (Twitter, Discord), identifying community trends and partners, and finding new growth avenues.
- Some parts of growth will also be relaying feedback or working closely with people on the product side.
- Some things we've done include
- taping QR code posters for user studies in the wild
- recruiting user feedback manually at events
- live-calling users and walking them through demos
If you are someone with skills not included in the above but are interested in what we mentioned above and want to help, feel free to reach out. We care highly about the quality of our teammates rather than a specific mold of a profile.
I care a lot about the long-term impact of my work. Previously I was part of efforts working on engineering for climate modelling, famine-prediction, healthcare, and AI safety. I spent (and still spend) time thinking about how to effectively align science, public goods, and long-term innvoation with incentives.
If you share similar priorities and aren’t sure about social networks as an area for focus, I would love for you to reach out and share more on why I think they are an important vechicle for impact.